My Mad Dream of An Essay

Remember that time you ate that spicy sopita just before you went to bed on the night before the big game?  Oh, that weird dream you had about the 2016 presidential election.  When you woke up you couldn't quite remember the [adjective] details, but after reading "On Self-Reliance" and "A Sound of Thunder" it's all coming back to you now.

The dream started badly.  You were in line with your family at a gym waiting to be sent to the losing side.  Everywhere you looked there were posters of president-elect willy Wang Jr, looking like a crazy chimpanzee who could eat a whole planet.

Suddenly, there was Ralph Waldo Emerson telling you, "Ne te quaseveris extra"  You realized that you have something to contribute to the world so you decided to fight for it.  But it wasn't easy.  First you had to put on a fancy jersey and cape and then you had make a teleporting machine to go back in time to the gym so you could convince people to learn about the candidates and the views they had on civil rights.

But right there in the gym there was a giant buritto and it started screaming at everyone.  People started to cry.  You grabbed a megaphone from a nearby cheerleader and yelled "It doesn't matter who you are, you are valuable in some way".  Everyone stopped and listened, so you kept going.

"Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls, I came here today to let you all know that no matter who you are, how old you are, what race you are, or where you come from, you are valuable in your own way. Every choice you make will effect you or the people closest to you. You may not see the effects of your choices today, tomorrow, or even in a year, but trust me they have an effect. You may not even realize the effects. Sometimes we let our emotions get the best of us, and we allow our emotions to make important decisions, that should've been made with our heads and not our hearts. I am guilty of this and I want to tell you first hand STOP use your head. It may feel right at the moment but eventually you will regret it. Once I was in an argument with a friend. She posted something on social media, and I allowed my emotions to react. Little did I know this not only effected me, but it effected all of my friends who saw it. I shouldn't have reacted at all, but I allowed my emotions to take over and I regretted it with everything in me. This can be related to the very important decision eckles made in "sound of thunder" to go back in time. His decision not only effected him, but it effected the entire world. Sadly they didn't even know they were effected. So please, think before you react. Think before you make any decision. Think about who your choice will be effecting. Even though Emerson said in "on self-reliance" you shouldn't rely on anyone for anything but yourself, people are still going to rely on you. People still need you. You are valuable to yourself and many others. A moment of patience in a moment of emotion will save you a thousand moments of regret".

Comments