The Past, The Present, and The Future

First things first, happy new year!!
Now on to more important things... The future. It is now 2017, and I am halfway through my junior year. Last semester was everything but my best semester, and I can't promise the next one will be any better, but I have to make a tremendous effort for it to be. I am constantly bombarded with questions about my future. "Where do you want to go?" "What career plans do you have?" "What do you plan to do after high school?" Those are all great questions; I simply just don't have the answers to them. My choice could haunt me for the rest of my life. I can't even drive, yet I'm expected to decide my destiny.
Its crazy how when we're kids we know exactly what we want to do, where we want to go, and who we want to be. We have big dreams, and there isn't a voice loud enough to crush them. We don't care about the process, or how hard it is, all we care about is the end result..... Then, we grow up, we experience failures, we get our hearts broken, and the voices become so loud that not only do the crush our dreams, but they crush our realities as well. We hear "You can't" so often, it becomes engraved within us... We start to believe it. You can't becomes I can't, and I can't becomes I won't. I won't do that because it's too hard or I won't do this because I might fail. Little do we know, we might succeed.
Here comes the plot twist... When I entered high school I knew exactly where I wanted to go, what I wanted to do, and who I wanted to be. Nobody was going to stop me, then I met junior year. She slapped me in the face and trust me, she had no mercy. I had no idea where I was going to go or what I was going to do, and to be honest I did not care. I didn't know what I wanted to be, but what I didn't want to be stared me in the face. I knew if I didn't make a decision, the decision would be made for me. I would end up like my family... The result of being indecisive. The result of letting the voice become so loud that it breaks everything you are. So I had to take a stand. I had to shut the voice up. I reset my goals. It's going to be challenging and take a lot of determination, and intrinsic motivation, but I'm ready now. Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Princeton, Oregon, and USC. Of the six I will be the alumni of one. I may be small but my dreams are big, and the motivation within me is bigger.

Comments

  1. This is the replacement, so it is nowhere near as great as the original was. I wish you all could have seen the first copy, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cerenity, I loved that! I totally feel you, but for me it was sophmore year. You got this! If you ever fall just know you have people to catch you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cayla, I've been posting like all break and I had no idea of anyone actually saw any of it.

      Delete

Post a Comment